What’s one way to become a more fabulous, favored, formidable, and fascinating Finer Woman than you already are today?
It’s quite simple really.
Read for personal growth, spiritual growth, professional growth, for leisure and of course, to expand your knowledge about all things Zeta.
In addition to aiding your growth as a Finer Woman, reading will equip you to be a more effective leader.
Famed author Michael Hyatt wrote in a recent blog article entitled 5 Ways Reading Makes You a Better Leader – “If you want to lead, you simply must read. It’s one of the surest ways to develop the qualities that will make you stand out and simultaneously equip you to lead as your influence grows.”.
In the article, Michael notes that reading not only makes us better leaders, but it makes us better thinkers, improves our communication skills and even helps us stay young!
If you want to discover what makes a Finer Woman “finer”, you can ask her where she shops, observe how she treats others, but I highly recommend asking her what she reads. In fact, I challenge you to find out what books are on the reading list for a Finer Woman you admire.
Below are 14 extraordinary books in a variety of genres that I’m either reading now or have read over the past year. I recently finished “The Art of Work” and “Color Me Confident” and I’m on the lookout for more great books to read.
Some of the books below have been read (or written) by Finer Women that I personally admire. Definitely check them out when you get a chance.
Happy reading Sorors!
- The Bible
- IAMZETA: Sorors in Their Own Words by Sorors Amber Pratcher, Shauntai Dudley & Regina Townsend
- Finer Women: The Birth of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, 1920-1935 by Soror Tilu Khalayi
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- Work Your Package by Soror Ayanna Castro
- The Bastille Family Chronicles by Soror Tiffany Davis
- The Art of Work by Jeff Goins
- Color Me Confident by Veronique Henderson
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- Millionaire Messenger by Brendan Burchard
- How The World Sees You by Sally Hogshead
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Ignite: 50 Days Of Prayer That Will Change Your Life by Matthew Watley
- More Than Enough: The Ten Keys to Changing Your Financial Destiny by Dave Ramsey
Who are you reading right now? Have any suggestions to add to our list? If you have an Audible account like I do, what books are you currently listening to? Share your suggestions with us below or on our Facebook page.